Saturday, March 19, 2011

First post!

Hello, Blogosphere! Mari here. Thought I'd make a quick post to introduce myself and my new blog.

I am originally from the San Francisco Bay Area and am currently located in Tokyo (soon to be Saitama), Japan. I will be starting a new job soon, so as I take this next big step in my life, I'd like to share my adventures with you! My previous blog on LiveJournal is "friends only", but I rarely post in it anymore even though I've had it since 2003. Not many people read it anymore anyway, haha. With the encouragement of my friends, I decided to make a public place to jot down my thoughts and reflections. Now, I'm not the best writer and I occasionally make a really fobby grammar mistake, but I still think this will be an interesting read. Even though I am part Japanese and have always had an interest in this part of my culture, this is my very first time in the country and today marks my one week here! Everything is new to me, and I've already had many embarrassing and exciting experiences.

The name of my blog translates to "surely, surely, someday." They are lyrics from a song called "Hi no ataru sakamichi" ("The Hill in Sunlight") by the Japanese band Do As Infinity. I was inspired to use these lyrics as the title because I have been trying to get to Japan for a very long time now. Every time I felt discouraged or started to give up hope, I would tell myself, "Kitto itsuka nihon ni iku!" ("You will surely get to Japan someday!") and sure enough, here I am now!

I've already written too much and this is just the introduction, so I'll leave it at that for now. See you again soon, and thanks for reading~

2 comments:

Phyllicia Daria said...

Is your new job in Japan?

marico said...

Hello, Phyllicia! Yes, it is :)